Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Hunters

JP and David have an elk camp set up 11 miles east of Corvallis at 7,797 feet.  Hmmm.  It's going to chilly up there.  They are camping in a tent, but do have cots.  Hmmm.  It's still going to be chilly up there.  The weather forecast for tonight is calling for a little snow.   Brrrr.  It's going to be cold up there.  But, I know they are having a great "guy time"  together.   JP is certainly used to tenting as he spent an entire summer living in a tent near Kalispell.

Jon and John set out to scout out duck hunting yesterday.  They hit a stump submerged under the water and broke off the shear pin on the motor.  So, they had to paddle back and go buy another pin.  It just wasn't their day.  They have had some great duck hunting days together though.  I think they have been duck hunting together for about twenty years.  They will have better luck next week.

I am one happy camper, tho!  I finished getting all of my flowers pruned (except for a few hardy plants that are still blooming) and I put away all the wire supports and posts and pots and wire and garden decorations.
Then I picked a 5-gallon bucket of grapes to juice.  Most are still not ripe enough.

Today will be a salsa day.  Time to get started.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations on completion of the harvest!!! That was a lot of work... and what a haul!!!

Julie said...

Wet, stinky and tired... they broke camp and came out of the mountains for some stew and a dry night of sleep. There is snow, with more snow coming. More hunting tomorrow morning!

Unknown said...

Good job Connie, I'm going to finish up outside this week, we're supposed to have a couple of rain free days, right? I've got so many tomatoes I'm getting tired of processing them.

RBnorth said...

I am glad the hunters are back and hope they get into some elk or deer soon.

I am the same with the tomatoes. I just finished 21 pints of salsa.