Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer or Winter Storm?

A storm came through last night about 10:00 p.m. and of course, two minutes into it, a tree fell across the power line in the driveway!  Next  came the search for flashlights, candles, phone book, calls to Avista..... Jon and Dylan got in the car to see what the damage was and only made it to the end of our circle driveway where a very large pine tree had fallen over the lines.  It certainly made for an exciting end to the day.

The Avista guys showed up around 4:00 a.m. and by 5:00 a.m. had the tree sawed up and the power back on!  I love electricity.  It means hot coffee, hot water, computers, and other good stuff.

We are now back to winter in North Idaho.  Bummer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Connie, the lights "blinked" here and then came right back on--you've got some big trees up there! Glad Avista got to you early, we like our power ON.

RBnorth said...

Me too! I had to move all my plants back in the house due to the freeze warning for tonight. This weather is very frustrating.

Unknown said...

That's for sure--mine are just going to have to tough it out 'cause they're in the ground! We got down to 34 degrees last night (Friday)....please please warm up. I just heard another freeze warning for tonight, geez. I'm putting the dahlias in tomorrow regardless.