Sunday, March 26, 2017

Slowly marching towards Spring.

And when the wind and winter harden
All the loveless land,
It will whisper of the garden,
You will understand.  Oscar Wilde
My garden is calling....and my seedlings are growing.

Yes, I am dreaming of this.



This is the first year that Calibrachoa seeds were available.   They were very difficult to start but I did have some success.  They are an outstanding plant for my hanging baskets and pots on my deck.


In a few months my front yard will look like this.


The Red Robin patio tomatoes are starting to bloom.


I took a look at last year's photos and what a difference.  There was no snow in March.  Retired Mountain Man was busy taking down the fence along the driveway.   We have a lot of snow on ground this year and where the fence stood there are still huge snowbanks left from plowing the road.



Spring is on the way though.   There are sounds of it every morning.  Our alarm clocks, the  East Side Squirrel and the West Side Squirrel, both made it through the winter.  Their morning chatter begins as soon as it's daylight.   It's a wonderful sound to wake up to every morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment