Thursday, December 22, 2016

The Connie Key..... or not.

One of my favorite Christmas songs is......
....."And He Shall Feed His Flock", Handel's Messiah, sung by Marian Anderson and recorded in 1941.  If you are old enough, you will remember that familiar crackling sound of the needle as it was  placed on the record.  What a sweet sound that was.  I hope you have a minute to listen to the recording.


I'm not sure why I love this song so much but I think it has to do with her soprano voice.  You see, my vocal range is very low.  I can manage to hit a few notes above middle C and above that the notes are just too high for me.  I call my voice range "the Connie Key", which means down there  - with the bass.

I think I am envious of anyone who can hit all those high notes.  Marian Anderson sings every note perfectly and it seems she hits all of those high notes without effort.  It's so perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment