Monday, November 14, 2016

The nightmare is over and a new one has begun.

Yes, the new carpet has been installed and almost everything is back in it's place.  The fish tank has been moved to my hutch by the dining table and I have refinished my blond cabinet so that I could put the top to my hutch on it.   We couldn't have moved the fish tank without Travis and Daryl helping us out.  Thank you so much!



The carpet looks the same as the old one, just newer and of course it's really cushy underneath your feet.  The most noticeable change is the old carpet in the basement.  The installers did a really nice job and it looks great.  It also feels pretty cushy with a new pad underneath it.



We certainly had a lot of stuff that we no longer need and a lot of things went to the Animal Shelter Thrift Store and many books to the Clark Fork Library.

The refinishing project turned out to be more than I really wanted to do.  The cabinet was blond and not stained, just sealed.  I foolishly thought that I could get away with just sanding it down and staining it.  Unfortunately, the seal coat must have soaked into the wood  really well as there were certain spots that just wouldn't sand off.  I couldn't talk myself into the stripping it.  Too much mess.  It will have to do just like it is.

Now Retired Mountain Man and I are looking forward to Thanksgiving next week.  I bet you are too.  There's nothing as tasty as that Thanksgiving turkey with all of the trimmings.

My mom used to sing us this song:

"The turkey sat on the backyard fence and he sang this sad, sad tune.  Thanksgiving is coming, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble.   I don't like Thanksgiving Day.  Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble.  I don't like Thanksgiving Day. Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble.  I think I will run away."

1 comment:

  1. The fish tank looks great over there! Great job! <3

    ReplyDelete