Saturday, October 17, 2015

Fridays are still busy even when you are retired.

Someone asked me the other day what I did to stay busy since Retired Mountain Man and I decided that we had done enough traveling and cruising.   He said, "What do you do?"

Friday:  
  It began with a trip to Sandpoint for an appointment and the weekly grocery shopping.   

It was a beautiful sunny day so when I got home I headed outside.  I am still working on putting my garden to bed.  Yes, I know you are probably thinking, "how long could that possibly take?  Hasn't she been doing this forever?"  It seems like that to me too.

I harvested the last vegetables from the garden, my carrots and a few beets.  They were in my raised beds and now the beds are weeded and covered with weed block for the winter.



I think I waited too long to dig up the carrots as some of them are a bit large. It's time for a meal with roasted carrots, beets, onions and potatoes.  


Next on the list was mowing my lawn for the last time.  At least I think it will be the final mowing for 2015, but this has been a strange year weather wise.  

As I was mowing the lawn I discovered that my new John Deere mower worked really well as a leaf blower.  There were a LOT of leaves on the lawn and it either blew them to the edge or it mulched them.  


 I love my John Deere, even if it is yellow and green.




In the evening Retired Mountain Man and I headed to Clark Fork for the Wampus Cats Homecoming Football game.   We had to get out our winter coats gloves and hats AND we took a blanket.  All of those items were needed as there was a cold breeze blowing down the mountains.





Jens is number 75.  He wore the pink socks in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  


We only made it through the first half of the game, but we did get to see Jens make a great interception!  
The Cats were playing without two of their key players so they struggled playing against Kendrick.  I don't know what they feed those boys from Kendrick but they all seem to be 6'6" and weigh 220 pounds.  

We were proud of our team as they never gave up!  
Go Cats!

As for how I fill up my days, I don't know.  They just seem to fill up.  It's like one of my favorite quotes that's posted at the top of my blog,  "Life happens while you are busy making other plans."   John Lennon 

No comments:

Post a Comment