Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Yes, my life is a mess.

Retired Mountain Man is complaining that I never post on my blog. I haven't posted anything because I am just doing the same things that I always do.  

Who would want to read about it again?  

I am making Hot Pepper Jam and canning hot peppers.




I am steaming grapes to get ready for wine. (We still haven't bottled all of last year's wine.)




I am practicing.


I didn't know Eric Clapton performed this song.



I am studying my music theory for piano and guitar.



I am practicing even more.
Straighten Up and Fly Right - nope.  It's hopeless. 



And studying more.  Why?  Well, it's because I have a 67 year old brain that only remembers something new for about 30 seconds.



Yes, there are more tomatoes, just like the peppers, but I am almost finished.  I have picked them all and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I am also working on putting the garden to bed.  I have taken out all of the cornstalks, and pole beans and rototilled about half of the garden.  I am slowly making progress.

The Orange Begonia refuses to give up.  Still blooming.


I do not have any complaints, though.   I love my life.  I am doing exactly what I want to be doing.  Playing music, studying music, gardening and preserving the harvest.

Well, I have to admit that I did have one complaint.  

It seemed like the house was closing in on me.  It happens about once every year. 

What that means is that I go from room to room with very large black trash bags and I start throwing things away that are not making me happy.  So far I have hauled two Outbacks full to the dumpsters.   (I only throw away Retired Mountain Man's stuff.)

Retired Mountain Man says, "If the house is closing in on you, why don't you just go outside?"


(I need more room for musical instruments)
How about a real Hammond B-3?
Don't say anything to Retired Mountain Man.  It's a secret.






2 comments:

  1. So glad you are blogging again. I've missed reading it too! And you definitely need that B3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are blogging again. I've missed reading it too! And you definitely need that B3!!!

    ReplyDelete