Saturday, February 7, 2015

I know, I know, I know.

No blog posts.  How could anyone be so busy when they are retired and it's the middle of winter and there's nothing to do because it's raining and raining and raining.  Wait!  What happened to our snow?

Let me just say that I like being busy.  I am rehearsing for two gigs, studying my Dick Grove Music Theory and Jazz Piano, practicing my guitar, getting ready to celebrate Mardi Gras, adding some sound proofing to our music room and trying to get some exercise swimming at the health club.  What else could there be to do?  I am retired as in "Retired Mountain Lady".


And "yes", no one really cares what I ate for breakfast.



Today is the Cougar Creek Band's Mardi Gras gig at the Hope Memorial Community Center.  It will be a lot of fun and a bit of relief from the mid-winter blahs.  Bring it on!

A little humor is also very helpful to get rid of the winter blues.
I loved the definitions of these terms which came to us in an email from our friend Dan.   It's very good advice.




I have used every one of them at some point over the years.   Retired Mountain Man really gets punchy when I respond with, "nothing".

I think my favorite though is "Go ahead".     (Think Dirty Harry)


WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment