Saturday, November 15, 2014

The next problem to solve.....

......would be our light fixture in the stairway to the basement.  It's very dark to walk down without a light and the it's not just the light bulb but the fixture itself that has to be removed and replaced with a new one.   The the big question is, how are we going to be able to reach it to replace it?






The basement is probably one of the most important places in the house.  It's where my guest room is, the second bathroom, the root cellar where I store all of my canned goods, our wine cellar, the furnace/wood room and the place where I have have my indoor lights so that I can start all of my veggies and flowers for the garden.



It's the spot where Retired Mountain Man, also known as the Dahlia King, works on dividing his dahlias, labeling them all and putting them in Styrofoam containers with perlite to store for the winter.  We store them in the root cellar area of the basement.





Yes, these tubers turn into this in the summer.   Dahlias are floral perfection.

Fluerel



April Dawn, my favorite.


(I am avoiding the problem for as long as I can)



I also have my begonia bulbs drying to get ready for storage and soon I will start some lettuce under my lights.




(What was I talking about at the beginning of this blog?)

It's also the place where Ann and I always make our Christmas wreathes and bouquets.  We haul in boughs with our sleds and stack them on top of the firewood.  Then we spend several days creating our wreaths to decorate and give as gifts.




I searched for photos of all the Christmas Wreathes we make and I couldn't find any.  I know I have some, but these will have to do.  I made these from dried flowers from my garden and some of the flowers I dried from David and Julie's wedding.  The red wreathe is Melissa's and the blue one is Julie's.


Last but not least, the basement is also the music room.  I can't begin to say how many hours of fun we have spent playing music every Sunday in our "studio".

(Oh yes, the next problem.....)


So, how do we reach that light fixture without someone falling down the basement stairs?  
It's dark down there.





No comments:

Post a Comment