Saturday, November 9, 2013

One more item crossed off my To Do List. A very big item....

which has needed to be done for several months.  It's no small task, since it requires about 100 clean wine bottles.   The old labels and shrink wrap have to be soaked and removed with a knife.  Then all of the bottles have to be cleaned and sterilized.


The siphon and all equipment must be sterilized between each step of the process.



I soak my corks in boiling water so that they are easier to insert.  Next I apply the shrink wrap and then finally the labels.  Each carboy of wine usually tastes a little different so I create an individual label for each carboy of wine.


I started this process at 10:00 a.m. and finished it at 6:30 p.m.   



I am not making any wine this year.  You can see why.





I will bottle carboy #4 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment