Monday, September 30, 2013

The Wedding Reception Weekend

We had a busy weekend as Sunday was the wedding reception for Ann and Neil's daughter, Susanne. Friday I cut down my cornstalks to take to the Jewel Lake Barn to decorate for the event.  Normally, I just throw them over the fence.....   This year they turned out to be useful for something else.  

 All of the gals in the band gathered up our flowers, bows, tablecloths and decorating supplies and drove to the barn on Sat. to put it all together.  I am sorry to say that I did not take photos as we were on a mission to get that barn decorated.  It was not a small task.  The barn is huge!   I think we must have put together at least 30 bouquets of flowers.  There were bows, candles, ribbon and flowers everywhere!  



Saturday evening we drove up to Bonners Ferry to listen to Doug Bond play with Blue Streak.  It was a great evening.  They ended the night by playing the Orange Blossom Special.  It was awesome.  What talented fellows they are.  A school teacher, a vet, Doug, a television producer and the bass man that you can never see in the back, is retired.



The Seahawk game went into overtime on Sunday which caused us to arrive at the reception a couple of hours late, but just in time for the square dancing.






The only photos I have are of the upstairs part of the barn.  The potluck was held on the 1st floor of the "barn".   The gals, (Kristine, Ellie, Linda and Ann) put down their beautiful tablecloths and added centerpieces, bows, pumpkins, tulle, garlands,........





Here they are!  Getting ready to do-si-do.


Nowadays they don't square dance to music as I remember it.  They dance to just about any kind of music you can think of.  Interesting.  My Gal?   I never thought of it as a square dance song.   It looks like fun doesn't it?



Congratulations to Susanne and Preston!  



No comments:

Post a Comment