Friday, September 6, 2013

Fall harvest is in full swing

I love fall when the weather starts to turn and the temperature at night begins to cool off.  The pace seems to slow down a bit and it gives me a chance to slow down and enjoy it all.  There is nothing that compares to the sweet taste of Candy Corn from the garden along with some vine ripened tomatoes. 

Retired Mountain Man's dahlias are beautiful as always. 






I haven't been taking photos of the harvest, but I will try to do that from now on.     That said, there is work to be done, even if the pace is slow.

To Do List:

Make Dilly Beans, can the green beans, pull the beets, freeze and pickle some of them, pick the sweet corn and freeze, pick the peppers and freeze, etc.....don't forget the tomatoes....onions, carrots, eggplant, zucchini, cucumbers. shallots.....



1 comment:

  1. Damn! Your post made me stressed and tired just reading it! That is a loooong to-do-list! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete