Saturday, August 3, 2013

Too Many Negative Charges?


On Thursday evening, August 1st, after music practice, Retired Mountain Man and I were enjoying a conversation and a glass of wine with Guitar Man Bruce.  We decided that there was something "wooo, wooo" about the month of August.  

Something like this  --  the positive and negative charges in the air swirl around in the atmosphere and as they get stronger and stronger they realign over northern Idaho and then strange things happen.  Very strange things.  The end is result is a major change in the weather or forest fires or......?

What could possibly cause these strange events to occur?   One thought was that it could be that too many tourists travel to our area in August and it causes a negative particle overload to rise into the air.  Think about it.  It's true.



The really scary part of this story is that yes, indeed, that very night,  at 1:00 a.m.  - the theory went into play.

There was a very loud clap of thunder!  The kind that awakens you out of a very sound sleep.

The wind blew like crazy and it started to rain. 

 It was not the gentle, pitter-patter kind of rain, this was the "it's going to rain for 40 days and 40 nights" kind of rain.

It did not stop raining for about 16 hours. 

Don't get me wrong, we needed the rain.  We hadn't had any rain for six weeks. 

 We wished for rain.  
We were hoping for rain. 

We got our wish.

Is it enough?

The next morning I drove out the driveway on my way to Sandpoint during the downpour,  (everyone else in Bonner County decided to go to Sandpoint to shop and I think that caused even more negativity) --

 -- As I drove out, I saw that our entire driveway was about to be washed away.  I stopped halfway up the road to call RMM to tell him to put on his rain gear, get the shovel and get out there to save the road!

Our driveway is about a quarter of a mile long.  RMN got soaked.  REALLY soaked.  He spent an hour and a half working in the pouring rain with his shovel.  

He says his rain gear did not keep him dry.  All of his clothes were soaked.

  I believe him.



My flowers still haven't recovered.




My Avista shield (flag) blew over and is on the ground.  I can breathe a sigh of relief for the moment -  as the Avista Cops will no longer be looking for me.

The driveway is going to need some major work, but there does not appear to be any other damage.

If you are in North Idaho during the month of August, you should keep your eye on the sky.

AND

If Guitar Man Bruce ever says to you, "I don't think you should do that".  You should follow his advice.



2 comments:

  1. Avista just made it LOOK like an act of God! The Avista Negativity...The plot thickens there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I didn't think of that. The "Power Cops"! They know and see everything!

    ReplyDelete