Saturday, August 10, 2013

Another first for the 65 year old gal!

Last night was a "one of a kind" and "I can't believe I am here" night for me as I was invited to play with Running With Scissors.  The first song we played was written by a local musician, Charley Packard.  


Gimme An Ol' Gal

I don't want a young thing who says I'm the first
I'll take one who says I'm the last,
I don't want a sweet thing talkin' about the future,
Give me a gal who's got a past
Someone who knows how, someone who shows how,
And never locks the door
Give me an Ol' Gal who's been around the block before.

I don't want a school girl, with a Dubane' on rocks
No telling where she's never been,
I'll take a lady hanging around the docks, waiting for her ship to come in

Someone who knows how, someone who shows how,
And never locks the door
Give me an Ol' Gal who's been around the block before.

 I know a lady with kids old as you
She knows how to treat a man
And I never ask her what she wouldn't do
She always says I can

Someone who knows how, someone who shows how,
And never locks the door
Give me an Ol' Gal who's been around the block before.







As a side note, I tried to find out how to spell "Dubanae'" by googling it about 50 different ways.  Yes, I have been around the block before, but I have no idea what is in this drink and I had no luck trying to find out how to spell it.  If you know, please send me an email.











We played Gimme An Ol' Gal and a man walked up behind the band carrying his 2 year-old grandson and began talking to Bruce, Tim and Tom.  It was Charley Packard and I got to meet him!  That was so cool!


You can see him in this photo.  He is walking behind the band carrying his grandson.







Click on this link to hear his song:   Gimme An Ol' Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment