Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rocking the boat!



I love construction and remodeling.  Poor Retired Mountain Man hates it.  He thinks everything is just fine like it is.  I, on the other hand, am always thinking of something that needs to be improved upon. 

It took me almost a year to convince Retired Mountain Man that we needed to put a roof over our front porch.  I have learned that it is necessary to "ease" him into remodeling projects.



This is the concrete pad for the bottom of the new stairs.



Jens is helping with the project.




The new concrete pad, footings and piers for the posts.

 I know.  I know.  It's a picture of a footing and a pier.  Keep in mind that these are two very crucial  components of the new porch. 




Let's see, the next remodeling project on the list is......... a garage?  a carport?  a roof over the deck?  a porch off the pantry?  an attached garage?.....  Retired Mountain Man will start to panic when he reads this. 

  I love rocking his boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment