Friday, June 14, 2013

Whoo Hoo! YES! Totally awesome!

The nurse called with my blood test results this morning.  As you know I have been working to reduce my cholesterol and blood pressure for the past six months.
After some research  I decided the best to use the DASH diet recommended by the American Heart Association.   It has turned out to be a good choice.

Dec. 2012 to June 2013:
LDL - the bad stuff went from 144 to 126  
HDL - the good stuff  from 48 to 57
Total - is now 204

LDL Cholesterol LDL-Cholesterol Category
Less than 100 Optimal
100 - 129 Near optimal/above optimal
130 - 159 Borderline high


HDL Cholesterol HDL-Cholesterol Category
60 and above High; Optimal; associated with lower risk
Less than 40 in men and less than 50 in women Low; considered a risk factor for heart disease

Total Cholesterol Category
Less than 200 Desirable
200 - 239 Mildly High
240 and above High

And one more thing - I lost another pound today.  I will be continuing with my new healthy eating plan.

How are your numbers?  Do you know them?





2 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO! That's so great! Seriously! My total was 197 (HDL 57, LDL 125). I lift a glass of red wine to ya! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! That's not easy to do!

    ReplyDelete