Saturday, June 1, 2013

Don't say my name! They're coming to get me!

My latest garden decor project has been at the front corner of our house.  There used to a giant rose bush there that covered up Avista's very ugly meter box.  Unfortunately, the rose bush died and I have been forced to look at the meter box every time I drive or walk up to my house.



I have been trying to figure out how to cover it up for quite some time and have finally started to tackle the project.


I have added a bird bath planted with Hens and Chicks.




And I have been looking for a banner or flag to hang over and cover the meter box.  I finally found a flag but it's not quite working for me.  

Too much ribbon and not enough flag?  Maybe it needs another flag behind it?  
It is still a work in progress.



Retired Mountain Man says the Avista Cops are going to come to arrest me for covering up their very ugly meter box.  Something similar to the Phone Cops, who were coming to arrest Johnny Fever on WKRP in Cincinnati. 

In the episode, a bomb threat from Black Monday forces the staff to evacuate the station. Johnny and Venus go on the air from the old transmitting tower, cut off from the world after Dr. Fever smashes the phone in frustration over placing a bet on a horse race. They do not know that Black Monday has placed a bomb at the tower and there is no way to contact them.





 I hear sirens! 

 (It's also possible that I could be arrested by the Garden Art Cops for displaying garish garden art)



 The banner has part of this quote printed on it. 
“People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh

Personally, I think it's a miracle that I haven't been arrested.

1 comment:

  1. lol! I am poised and ready to smuggle you in a loaf of banana bread with a file in it!

    ReplyDelete