Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mowing your lawn? Don't forget to wear your earmuffs.

I put it off for as long as I can, but it's finally time to start the lawn mowing schedule. 


 Fortunately, RMM decided to take a photo of me mowing the lawn.  My lawn mowing gear is quite fashionable.  I always wear my hearing protection muffs and top them off with my gardening hat.  I am adding red socks to my outfit after seeing a photo of Isthereanymorepie's friend Sharon, who wears pink socks when she is mowing the lawn.






One should look flashy when mowing the lawn.  I think I may need even more red.






Retired Mountain Man has been out in the woods searching for mushrooms.  He's very good at it. 

 I have dried seven trays of coral mushrooms.  If you can't find morels, coral mushrooms are the next best thing.  They have a mild nutty taste and are excellent added to a spaghetti sauce or an omelet.  




That's it for "on the mountain".  I am in a holding mode on my gardening due to the cold, rainy weather.  That means there's more time for music and maybe some painting, the watercolor kind.   (I am going to paint the walls and ceiling in our bathroom, but it takes me a minimum of 3 months of thinking about it before I can actually make myself do it.) 

 I have only been thinking about for a month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment