Friday, May 3, 2013

I was Ridin' in my Chevy until...

My Chevy is sick.  It's at the doctor, as in Steve's Auto Import Service. 

 I love my Chevy even though it's kind of old (1995) and it's nothing fancy such as  a Mustang or a really old '57 Chevy.  It's just a grey Lumina, but it's MY car and it only has 95,000 miles on it.

I took in to Steve's Auto Service for an oil change and when I went back to pick it up, Steve said there may be a problem with my car.  It had what looked like oil - in the coolant.  




I don't know very much about cars.  They are a mystery to me.  I just want my car to run.  I want it to start and motor down the road.  No problems. 

 This is what I DO know.  If you say to Retired Mtn. Man or either of my sons, or any other guy, "there's oil in the coolant in my car", they reply in a deadly serious tone, "that's bad".  "You might need a new head gasket".  I think it might be something akin to my doctor saying "you need a heart transplant".  OMG!

Not my Chevy!


 I trust Steve.  We have known him for many years and he not only provides excellent service, you can count him or his mechanics to do a good job repairing your car.  

So, never fear. 

Steve called yesterday to say that it was not oil in the coolant.  Awesome.

 
I am back "Ridin' in my Chevy".  


  



1 comment:

  1. I sure wish Steve would open a shop here in the Bitterroot! The only thing better than being married to a man with skills... is having a mechanic you can TRUST so you can spend that time drinking wine with your man with skills! A toast... to Steve! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete