Sunday, April 28, 2013

It's time to get down and dirty. That means it's manure and compost time in the gardens.

My patience has run out.  I can't wait any longer.  I need flowers blooming and warm sunny days.

That meant I had to buy the flowers.

  Why does Maggie look so sad?  Her Frisbee is lying on the porch and she just doesn't understand why someone can't throw it for her 24/7. 




You may want to know why did I splurge and buy all those pansies?   Because, it's an incentive to keep going out every day to spread many many many many bags of manure and compost on my beds.    It's not the fun part of gardening, but a necessary part.






 I need some lettuce to go with my ripe tomatoes.
 


I have started adding compost and manure to my flower beds (There are eleven flower beds.  I need to STOP adding more beds).  There's also the raspberries, blackberries, grapes, tomato beds, and vegetable garden.

I have placed seven bags so far and only have 41 more to go.  (Don't tell Retired Mountain Man how many bags it takes to keep this garden going.)


It takes a lot of good compost and manure to grow these every year.


“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.”  Buddha




1 comment:

  1. Great color! nice pots too. Everyone deserves some pretty while they heft poo! I should have bought myself flowers every week until Ben was potty trained ;)

    ReplyDelete