Monday, March 18, 2013

I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate!

So, how was the gig?

 It was a cold, windy, rainy day and we all wondered if anyone would actually show up to hear us play.  We set up the equipment at noon and there were few patrons in the cafe.  When we returned at 2:00 to play, the place was packed.  Standing room only, again.  I couldn't believe it.

 So, we rocked! (I wish I had photos from the gig, but I am too busy playing the piano and we don't have an official band photographer)

Mark sang, I'm Walkin', Can't Believe You Wanna Leave, Rocket 88, T for Texas......
He was smokin' on the harmonica!


Joe had the crowd rockin' with Mustang Sally, High Heel Sneakers and Statesboro Blues.  


Bruce and Julie sang their first duet with the band, "Hit the Road Jack" and Bruce was really rollin' on Route 66, Stormy Monday and Six Days on the Road. 


Last but not least, this gal brings down the house every time she sings, "I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate."  The entire crowd is hootin' and hollerin' when Dancing Mandolin Gal sings.  They were cheering so loud at the end of the song that I couldn't hear her at all and I was right next to the speaker.



How could we not have a blast when we get such a great response from the audience?

I have to admit that I get really nervous before the gig starts, but I think I am starting to like this.  It kind of grows on you.

Rock on!


2 comments:

  1. ROCK ON indeed! I wish we had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packed house indeed! It was great! We did leave before the finale and that makes me sad. Love when the band does that song!

    ReplyDelete