Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hope blues today.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Today is our gig!

 Excitement is in the air!  And  cold wind!  And Snow!   Brrr!  The power was out during the night.   You know what they say about March.  Well, we certainly have it here.  Which makes my thoughts turn to more pleasant things such as my flowers and veggies.

 I have made a vow to myself that I will NOT start too many flowers and vegetables this year.  I have a tendency to get carried away.  I can't seem to let any plant die so I keep transplanting the little seedlings into larger pots.  The larger the pots get the more space I need to keep everything going until it's warm enough to plant outside.  If there's a threat of a really hard frost, I have to bring everything inside.

April 24 2010

In 2010 I had far too many plants that were ready to go outside and of course, the weather was too cold and rainy.  So far this year I have had some restraint.  I have taken my begonia bulbs out of storage and planted them in pots.   In two weeks I will start my peppers, tomatoes, marigolds, zinnias, and lobelia.  Not too many.  Not too many.  Not too many.

Goals.   

Yes, I finally met my weight loss goal today!  Awesome!  I am still working on the Zen projects.  Yesterday Retired Mountain Man mentioned that he was worried that I might Zen him.  I hadn't thought of it, but......

My MIT's (Most Important Tasks) for today:

1.  Exercise
2.  Have fun playing some great music!
3.  Draw

Next weight loss goal:  April 21st - 6 pounds.
1.  DASH Diet - alternate days with Action Plan Diet 
2.  Exercise - add five more minutes per week.
3.  Track and log progress every day.

I may even have a green beer today to celebrate.

I like this new song that Joe sings with the band called Statesboro Blues.


Allman Brothers and Taj Mahal





1 comment:

  1. Surely no one pinched YOU on St.Patty's Day! You have the greenest thumb around!!! :)

    ReplyDelete