Thursday, March 21, 2013

Best Picture of the Year

I love movies.  I like to entertained and I am amazed at the talent involved in the making of a movie.  That would include the book it might be based upon, the screenplay, the director the actors, the costuming, the musical score, you name it.  There are many great ones:  The African Queen, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Dr. Zhivago, Dances With Wolves, Little Big Man.......well I could go on and on.

Like I said, I prefer to be entertained by a movie, but every once in awhile I make myself watch a movie that might not be entertaining, but still worth watching.

Last night Retired Mountain Man and I watched Zero Dark Thirty.  This is the story is about the decade long hunt for OBL (I don't even like typing his name) and his followers.   It is a fact-based thriller.


I will say that at the beginning, some of the scenes were difficult to watch, but as the movie went on that changed.  The second half of the film, is the film.   As I watched the movie, the memories that I have pushed to the back of my mind about the morning of 9/11 came back.  I remembered that I wanted OBL dead!

Despite what the Oscars would have you believe, this is the best film of the year.  Argo doesn't even come close.


No comments:

Post a Comment