Monday, February 11, 2013

Living the dream

This is my favorite poem written by a young man with many talents.  He is a musician, naturalist and poet. 


This is Hope 
by Joseph Heisel

Between the blessings of each day,
in the pre-dawn eddy,
there is a stillness.

That is where you will find me.

I will be standing in the water,
with my face turned into the wind,
holding my breath, listening to the sound
of your voice.

When the sky has turned just right,
and my dreams are clear,
I go down to the water.

I go back to that place
where the river asked me in.

That place where I felt your hand
in mine.

That place,
where you first loved me.

I should also add that he is a forester, tree-climber and one who is willing to give anything a try.  I admire that.


I love this poem because it reminds me of  a very special moment in my life.

It was the first time I came to Hope in 1972 and Retired Mountain Man and I walked through the woods on his five acres together.  I knew at that moment that this was the place where I wanted to live.  Our dream of building a home on the mountainside in Hope began.  


West wall of the house goes up.  Summer 1980.  The house that many friends helped build.




No comments:

Post a Comment