Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year's Resolutions. Do you have one?

Yes, I have one.   My resolution was to continue working on lowering my cholesterol and blood pressure to normal range levels. This has meant a major change in what I eat.  I have been doing more research on the subject and found that to increase my HDL I need to lose weight.  For approximately every 6 pounds lost you can increase your good cholesterol, HDL, by 1 point.  To lower the bad cholesterol I just need to continue to eliminate fat from my diet and increase the whole grains and fiber.

Yes, I know this is a very boring subject.  I promise this will be the only post about it on this blog.  I have started another blog for that purpose.  Actually, I started the other blog over a year ago and quit posting to it. 

So what's the point here?  Well, I have never been successful losing weight.  How the heck am I going to increase my HDL?  Diet?  Exercise?  Motivation? Discipline? I have failed in every attempt.  That is not to say that I haven't lost weight.  I have.  I am one of those people who can lose twenty pounds and then that's it!  I stop.  I exercise my brains out.  I do it every day.  It seems to take an immense amount of effort.  So, I stop doing it!  I gain it all back!  It is sooooooo frustrating.  Why is that?

I have been looking for that answer and I have decided that my New Year's Resolution is the wrong one.  I am going to make a different New Year's Resolution and put the first one on hold for 30 days.

My new resolution:  Develop Positive Thinking

I have decided that my negative thinking is what has been derailing me every time.  So I am preparing to meet this goal.  I am going to focus on this goal for 30 days and will post about it on my new/old blog.   I am hoping that after 30 days of totally focusing on this one goal, that I can then begin to focus on my next goal.

One more thing.  I am looking for someone else who might also be interested in working on this goal.   Anyone interested?






 

No comments:

Post a Comment