Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's time to snuggle up! It's going to get very cold here!

I posted a few days ago about our chimney fire.  It happened the day after New Year's Day.   We called the chimney cleaners and the man on the phone explained that when you have a chimney fire, the creosote on the chimney walls burn like one of those "snakes" that kids burn on the 4th of July.  It puffs up and expands and blocks the chimney, which is exactly what happened to us. 

That meant we had to heat the house with electricity for 5 days before they could get us on their schedule.  Poor Retired Mountain Man.  He could see the meter spinning as fast as it could go and he had $$$$$$$ signs in his head every night when he went to bed. 

Well,  we were finally rescued on Monday afternoon.  The All About Chimneys guys are very good at their work and very helpful.  I am so glad that Retired Mountain Man does not have to get on the roof.    Yes, there is snow up there.


 It's slippery. 





The final report was that there was no damage to the chimney.  No cracks and the chimney was the cleanest they had ever seen it.   We are happy.  We have our warm wood heat back. 

It's time to snuggle up.  Whoo hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment