Sunday, December 23, 2012

Winter Solstice Celebration Hope Idaho Style

It's was  very special event at the Outskirts Cafe and Gallery in Hope.  We had survived the predicted end of the world and while we are all still very saddened by the the Newtown massacre and the ongoing political division in our country, it was time to celebrate the shortest day of the year and our good fortune to be able to enjoy this special time of the year with our friends and families.

There was great food, wine, a poetry reading from Joe our trombone man, and of course, music with the Cougar Creek Band.  The crowd was very enthusiastic and seemed to really enjoy our music.  Needless to say, the band members loved it.

 I am sorry but I did not take my camera as I it is difficult to play the keyboard and take photos at the same time.  I am hoping someone else has photos they will share with me and I will post them on the blog.  

We have sunshine and thawing temperatures again today and are in serious need of additional snow for the New Year's Eve sledding party. 

I wore my purple boa while we played and Joe sang "Start Wearing Purple".  It seemed appropriate.


Start wearing purple wearing purple
 
Start wearing purple for me now
 
"All your sanity and wits they will all vanish
I promise, it's just a matter of time..."

As a post-menopausal woman, I am very fond of the lines, "All your sanity and wits they will all vanish, it's just a matter of time.   hey hey Hey Hey!"
Oops.  I mean,   "Ho, Ho Ho Ho!"





1 comment: