Wednesday, December 19, 2012

On a happier note.....

A little bit of good news.  After 6 months of drastically changing my diet:   My LDL is now: 144, HDL 48.
Blood Pressure 128/74.  Whoo hoo!

Drastically changing my diet?  No eggs, no cheese, no skin on poultry, fat-free dairy, low sodium or sodium free veggies and sauces, fresh fruit, whole grains..............limiting fat to good fat which would be olive oil (2 tablespoons per day)

and yes, some of it actually does taste good although I have thrown several recipes that I tried into the garbage, such as Sweet and Sour Lentils.  Yuck!  If anyone is interested, I will share that recipe.

If your cholesterol is high, don't be discouraged.  You can change it and you can find recipes and food that tastes really good.  Don't forget to check the amount of sodium in canned and frozen foods.  Some of them are really high!

I did it and so can you.


1 comment: