Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wichita

On Saturday night we went to dinner and a concert at DiLuna's Cafe featuring my guitar teacher, Doug Bond and his wife, Kim.  The opening act was Wild Honey, a group that formed when their kids had grown up and left home.  Go figure.






For 30 years Retired Mountain Man taught physical science to almost every 8th grade student in Bonner County.  It turns out that one of them was Kim Bond, who gave "Mr. Burkhart" a big hug after the concert was over.
 



Kim and Doug performing Gillian Welch's "Wichita".  The band gals have been working on that song for months.  I will be very happy when I can play the guitar licks without a mistake.  (RMM will be very happy too as he has had to listen to the same lick over and over and over again.)

It's a possibility that my 1977 trip across Kansas in the snowstorm has left me with a mental block?

No comments:

Post a Comment