Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The first snowfall is here before Halloween. Is it a bad sign? Will we have a long, snowy winter to look forward to or..........?

Yes, I know I haven't posted anything on the blog for a week.  How could I be too busy to blog?

The water heater problem was fixed by three pros!  Daryl, a Navy Chief Warrant Officer, who would definitely "have your back" in any situation, Tom, a dam operator at Cabinet Gorge Dam, and last but not least, Travis, who is always the first one here to help us solve any problem.

In 30 minutes they had the old one out and the new one installed.  Thank you!  Thank you!

The beauty of this water heater is the electronic control on the front.  Retired Mountain Man and I have an ongoing dispute about just how hot the water temperature should be.  It is not hot enough for me, the person who does the dishes and the laundry.  I now have control of the situation.  I can increase the water temperature by one or two degrees.  Whoo Hoo!  Sometimes you just gotta love new technology!


Retired Mountain Man and I have been working at getting everything (that would be, tables, chairs, hoses, pots, bird feeders, garden decorations, dahlias, begonias, the barbeque) either in the barn, shed, or basement, and It IS DONE!

The last of the tomatoes are ripening and ready to be made into salsa or spaghetti sauce.






It was also time to start making this year's wine.  I've started three vats with one more to go.

White wine

Red wine
I added 22 jars of chutney to the shelves in the root cellar and it is starting to fill up.



My Christmas Cactus decided to bloom after I brought it indoors.  Yes, that white stuff you see in the background is snow.





The last holdout on the front porch.


It's time to put another log on the fire.

2 comments:

  1. Okay... That post made me say, "Wow", way too many times. Wow! Beautiful tomatoes! Happy Hibernation, Beautiful Gardens! See you soon, Cougar Creek Winery Wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have faith in Retired Mountain Man's repair skills. He soldered together wires in the back of my old electic stove back in the 1970's and even taught me how to do it myself (which had to be done 3 more times before I was forced to buy a new one)!

    ReplyDelete