Sunday, September 2, 2012

I'm "on a tear".

At least that is what Retired Mountain Man says.  He is staying out of my way.  In between harvesting veggies and berries, I am on a mission to get rid of anything in the house that has been here for five years or more and not been used.  We have been in this house for 32 years.  We have a LOT of stuff! 

After four Outback loads to the dumpsters and one load to Goodwill I am almost done.  How long should you keep a soil test kit from 1970?  The manager at the dumpsters wanted to know if there was anything radioactive in it?  Hmm.  I don't think so.  I am guessing that most of the chemicals in the kit were too old to be of any use, but I don't know. 

There are now a few empty spots on shelves but not enough.  I think I may have to do Round Two, but not until next year.   The guy at the dumpsters is getting really tired of seeing me.

The garden is finally producing and it's time to concentrate on bringing in the produce and canning or freezing all that tasty stuff for the winter.

It's also time to get back to my piano and guitar and play some tunes. 

Where is the Cougar Creek Band anyway?  They all seem to be off on their own tears.  I am hoping they will all decide that they miss playing together and SOON!

Meanwhile, Retired Mountain Man, Neil and Travis are working hard at getting in the firewood for winter.  They are also almost done.   It takes a lot of cords of wood to heat this house from October to May.

We are also "getting ready for some football" and the Cougar Creek Football Pool.  There are certain people in the pool that need to lose this year.  You know who I'm talking about.  They (Jon, Neil and GrizEileen) are always in the winner's circle.  It's time for new champions in 2012.  Go Will!  Go Dave!  Go JP!  Ann?  Linda?  Julie?  Me?  

Go Big Red!
 

2 comments:

  1. Me! Me! I am going to be the wiener! I have my picks in already! Hasty? No... just more organized and prepared than my male counterpart ;)
    GO SEAHAWKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for getting rid of old stuff no one uses!!!! Leaves more room for songbooks and instruments.

    ReplyDelete