Friday, September 21, 2012

Autumn Equinox, September 22, 2012

Today is the last day of summer.  It's time to celebrate the harvest and enjoy the beautiful harvest moon which will be in it's full glory this coming week.

After enduring one of the coldest and soggiest springs on record, we are now headed into a very beautiful fall.   I took some time off from pulling out my vegetable garden to take some photos of the all the flowers before the frost hits and they are all gone.








Ball Dahlia






April Dawn






A flower that blooms for three months!






Dainty Cosmos







Show-off zinnia

















I am reminded of a song that my grandparents used to sing, "Shine on Harvest Moon".
Do you know it?


So shine on 
Shine on harvest moon 
Up in the sky 
I ain't had no lovin' since January, February, June or July 
Snow time ain't no time to stay outdoors and spoon 
So shine on 
Shine on harvest moon for me and my gal 



1 comment:

  1. Breathtaking photos, especially the Ball Dahlia! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete