Friday, March 2, 2012

Are you obsessed with a hobby like me?



The view this morning.  We have seven more inches of snow and have to get the driveway plowed again.    Until then I will just have to keep myself busy with my toys.  I just can't quit playing with them.  It's too much fun.




 Should I play with this one or that one?




Lately, I have been spending some time with the Jazz Guitar book.  There is so much to learn.





Who knew the band would need so many cables?



We have started using the recorder and the metronome.  That makes Retired Mountain Man very happy since he bought the recorder for me and up until now I really didn't have a reason to use it.





Every once in awhile I find some time to play this guitar.



This room is a lot more fun when it is full of musicians.   Jam session every Sunday at 3:00.  I could easily do at least three of those sessions a week.  I love it!  Where are those guys anyway? 



In the winter our jam session questions are:  Has the county road been plowed?  Sanded?  Can band members get in and out of our driveway?  It's not quite as simple as living in Austin or New Orleans.  We have snow and ice problems to deal with before we can even get our instruments out to play.  No worries.  Spring will be here soon!

And........

One of these might be in my future?  Just look at all those buttons and knobs. 


I have to say that gardening has always been my number one all time favorite hobby, but playing music may bump it to the number two position.

What's your favorite hobby?  Obsessed with it?  Can't Stop?  Want to break the habit?  Not me.  I'm just going to keep on doing it until my fingers don't work anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment