Friday, December 2, 2011

Ho hum or ho, ho, ho. The holiday season is here. What's on your "to do" list?

All of our snow has melted.  Do you have snow?

The weather has been warmer than normal, but the forecast is cold and dry the next week.  Unusual weather for us.  Retired Mountain Man and I have been taking all three border collies on our walks every day.

Christmas "to do" list:  Add more lights.
We have added a string of LED icicle lights to the front of the house and I have dug out some of the Christmas decorations. 

Find Christmas Tree:
I have been looking for our Christmas tree on our walks and have one spotted but you never know if it's going to turn out to be "the one" until you check it out in detail.  I think I may need a backup tree or two. 

Have you already put up your tree and decorated it?  Wow!  You're way ahead of me.  This is a photo of last year's tree.



Bake goodies:

It's been very enjoyable looking up my favorite cookie recipes and deciding which ones to bake.

Must be on the list:  sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies and chocolate mint cookies.  Peanut brittle and divinity.

The absolute best cookies are Grandma Eileen's Walnut Crescent Cookies and even though I have the recipe, I can't bake them as good as she does!  They are melt in your mouth.


Ok, I have to quit writing about cookies.  Now I want a cookie!  Yikes!  This is not a good sign for my diet.  I wonder what ingredients I have in my pantry? 

If I got off this computer, I could bake some Christmas cookies today.  And they go so good with coffee.

Talk to you later!


P.S. If you haven't baked any cookies, we could have a bake-off.  You bake yours and I'll bake mine.  We'll have cookies to eat all weekend.

There's a lot more items on my "to do" list, but I don't want to get stressed out over all of it so I just refuse to list them until at least three items are off my list.  Then I can add three new ones. 


Ok, now I'm going to check my pantry. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh, you had to mention Grandma Great Walnut Cresents! YUMMY! Now I am drooling like Ben when he was 9 months old!
    Your tree is always so pretty! I can't wait to see it!
    Would you like a fourth Border Collie to walk? :)

    ReplyDelete